Am I a Good Candidate for Excel V Laser Treatment?
If you are suffering from vascular skin conditions or pigmentation such as rosacea, port wine stains, varicose veins, vitiligo, or uneven skin tone, Excel V Laser treatments may be able to help.
Excel V Laser Treatment is a state-of-the-art laser technology that uses a three-in-one device with three different high-power laser settings to target abnormal blood vessels and pigments in the skin. The Excel V Laser uses heat on the abnormal vessels and/or pigmented areas to restore normal skin tone and color. Each procedure will take 15-30 minutes depending on the condition. The Excel V Laser is proven safe and effective when administered by an experienced, board-certified dermatologist.
What is Excel V Laser Treatment Used For?
The Excel V Laser is a versatile type of treatment that can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions including:
- Spider veins
- Broken blood vessels
- Facial veins
- Venous lake (dark blue lesions on sun-exposed lips, face, or ears)
- Face and neck skin redness
- Poikiloderma of the neck (red colored skin pigmentation associated with sun damage)
- Sebaceous hyperplasia (flesh-colored or yellowish shiny bumps on the face from enlarged oil glands)
- Port wine stains
- Hemangiomas (a collection of excess blood vessels)
- Cherry angioma (red moles)
- Sun damage discolorations
Are You a Good Candidate for Excel V Laser Treatment?
If you have a bothersome skin condition, then the Excel V Laser could be a good treatment option for you. The built-in cooling mechanism means you don’t need anesthesia and it protects the surrounding skin, so if you have a low pain tolerance, Excel V may be a good choice.
The Excel V Laser is also highly customizable, so your dermatologist can precisely treat individual conditions with high-level accuracy. Results will always vary depending on the type of skin condition and severity, but Excel V has a high satisfaction rate.
Also, you’re a good candidate for Excel V Laser Treatment if you’d prefer a non-invasive way to treat vascular or pigmentation skin issues. Traditional, invasive methods of treating these types of skin conditions typically involved needles or surgery.
How Long Does It Take to See Results?
Most people find that the majority of the treated areas show significant improvement within two to six weeks of treatment. However, your final results may not be visible for several months.
Benefits of Excel V Laser Treatment
- Treats Both Superficial and Deep Skin Issues: Excel V can treat many different spot sizes, so it can be easily adjusted to treat both superficial and deeper skin issues.
- High Comfort Level: Excel V’s built-in cooling technologies, which provide continuous cooling throughout treatment, makes this procedure significantly more comfortable than other types of treatments.
- Suitable for All Skin Tones: Excel V effectively treats a wide range of vascular and benign pigmented conditions on people of all skin tones.
Side Effects of Excel V Laser Treatment
Most people experience few or no side effects. The most common side effects are mild reddening and swelling of the skin. Some people may experience bruising. Rare to very rare side effects include blistering, infection or scarring. Talk with your dermatologist on the complete benefits and risks of treatment.
Contact Us to Find Out More Information on Excel V Laser Treatment
If you’d like to explore your cosmetic dermatology treatment options, including Excel V Laser treatments, visit the Florida Academic Dermatology Center. We are a dermatology and research clinic committed to providing the most effective cosmetic skin therapies at our state-of-the-art facility. Call us today at (305) 324-2110 or fill out the form right on this page to request an appointment.